Lenovo DSS-G allows organizations to start small and build incrementally, scaling both capacity and bandwidth with each additional DSS-G building block. Customers now have the ability to handle small to very large capacity storage workloads with high performance in HPC environments.
Why we Partner with Lenovo - Achieving competitive advantage in the next-generation data center will require even greater optimization and efficiency. Lenovo leverage a deep heritage of innovation to deliver :
- Reliable, flexible, and secure data centre systems
- Open server, storage, networking, and system management platforms that seamlessly integrate with your environment
- Record-setting systems performance
- Purpose-driven innovation for greatest business value
Product - Lenovo
The heart of the data center Drive your business forward with a server that matches your needs. Reduce costs and complexity by investing in a system that handles today's workload and expands to accommodate future growth.
- Rack Server
- Tower Servers
- Blade Servers
- Mission Cricital Servers
- High Desity Servers
- Storage-Area Network
> Data center, virtualization, cloud, and big-data ready
> Easy-to-use, affordable storage-area network (SAN) storage with advanced capabilities to integrate into your existing infrastructure, or start a new one.
- Direct-Access Storage
> JBODs and expansion units provide flexible, cost-effective, high-capacity storage. Ideal for space constrained environments and cost-sensitive customers.
> Cost-effective data protection & archive solutions
> Tape technology is one of the most energy-efficient, secure, and portable long-term data storage solutions available. Lenovo offers a wide selection of tape storage products to meet your needs.
Solution - Lenovo
- Artificial Intelligent
Lenovo is taking a practical approach to helping enterprises understand and adopt the benefits of Machine Learning and AI for their workloads. Our customers have the opportunity to collaborate in Lenovo AI Innovation Centers so they can better understand the value for their particular use case.
- Data center infrastructure
From hardware infrastructure to software solutions, we provide the right technology to help you get started on your journey. Whether you’re in need of a large cluster or just a few nodes, we can build a solution to meet your specific needs.
- Client Al
We understand that many AI initiatives start with prototyping before scaling your infrastructure and we’re prepared to meet you wherever you are on your AI journey, from the desktop to the data center.
- IoT & Edge
Making sense of IoT data requires innovative technologies such as AI to drive actionable insights. We bring our expertise in AI, IoT & Edge to deliver the right technology for your organization.
- AI Solution:
Lenovo intelligent Computing Orchestrator (LiCO) for AI
Lenovo intelligent Computing Orchestrator (LiCO) software stack simplifies AI deployment in an enterprise environment. Scale out your machine and deep learning on NVIDIA GPUs and Intel architectures with a distributive cluster and an intuitive interface for managing AI workloads.
- Simplify Development:
- LiCO accelerates Artificial Intelligence training and traditional High Performance Computing activities by providing an intuitive user interface to manage your entire software and hardware stack.
- Supporting an extensive list of AI framework and open-source software, LiCO eliminates configuration complexity for users, reducing the time spent on setup and management of infrastructure. Optimized for the Lenovo ThinkSystem portfolio and supporting the latest Intel® processor architecture and NVIDIA GPUs, LiCO puts powerful resources in the hands of researchers and data scientists.
- The Power of Integration:
- By integrating open HPC cluster management software with popular AI frameworks & libraries, LiCO gives users command over system resources, and user jobs. With the LiCO platform, users can easily perform distributed AI training with optimal scaling & efficiency, generating results faster.
- Clusters simplified
- LiCO consolidates powerful open source cluster tools for managing users, resources & workloads into a single comprehensive interface for both users & administrators, allowing for easy management and use of your cluster infrastructure.
- LiCO’s prebuilt workflows and customizable job templates allow users to easily submit, monitor, and manage HPC and AI jobs on a single cluster.
- Driving AI results
- LiCO accelerates Deep Learning (DL) and Machine Learning (ML) with integrated support for the most popular AI libraries and frameworks, such as Tensorflow, MXNet, and Caffe. Simple workflows, easy deployment to powerful computing resources and job control allow data scientists and researchers to quickly develop and iterate ML and DL models. LiCO allows for validation once your training is complete, and even shows you the performance of your model while it is in progress.
- Integrated simplicity
Lenovo Scalable Infrastructure (LeSI) - Customized, integrated HPC and AI solutions
End-to-end solution that contains an integrated set of Lenovo servers, storage, software, and third-party components. Each solution is tested for reliability,interoperability, and maximum performance, so the system can be deployed quickly and easily.
- Solutions made simple
- Lenovo Scalable Infrastructure (LeSI) is a fulfillment framework for designing, manufacturing, integrating, and delivering data center solutions, with a focus on high performance computing (HPC) and Artificial Intelligence (AI) environments.
- Using best-recipe interoperability validation, rack-level testing and factory integration, Lenovo delivers innovative, tailored, and fully supported solutions. This enables clients to focus on maximizing time to production and delivering business value.
- De-risk your deployment
- Component Interoperability — LeSI thoroughly tests and optimizes the available Lenovo and OEM components together as a “best recipe” for reliability and performance.
- Solution Design and Assurance — LeSI solutions are designed by experts to address each client’s unique data center needs.
- Factory Integration — LeSI solution hardware is racked on the factory floor and tested for performance at the rack level to minimize risk at installation time.
- Onsite Setup — Customers can arrange for skilled Lenovo technicians to perform the installation.
- Client Virtualization
Lenovo client virtualization validated designs supports a range of virtual desktop and virtual application scenarios using industry-proven Lenovo hardware combined with software from Citrix® and VMware® . These client virtualization validated designs are fully tested across applications, software, hardware, and services to help streamline IT administration and simplify the transition to a virtual desktop infrastructure. Lenovo client virtualization provides the below benefits:
- Simplifies desktop administration, support, and management
- Enhances security and compliance management and improves availability and reliability
- Provides flexibility so users can work anytime and anywhere regardless of device
- Supports growth initiatives for mobility and flexible work locations
- The key to a successful client virtualization deployment depends largely on matching the solution to your organization’s workload requirements. Running Citrix XenDesktop on the industry’s most reliable servers and appliances from Lenovo helps reduce costs and gives you the flexibility to choose configurations. The Lenovo and Citrix XenDesktop validated design offers an array of infrastructure choices for general-purpose workloads, accelerated graphics workloads, hyper-converged solutions and shared storage deployments.
- Additionally, Lenovo has worked with Nutanix and Citrix to expand the ThinkAgile HX workload portfolio to support Nutanix InstantOn for Citrix Cloud, a tightly integrated hybrid cloud solution that simplifies and accelerates virtual application and desktop (VDI) deployments for companies of any size. In a client virtualization deployment employing this new capability, XenDesktop and XenApp services are managed via the Citrix Cloud, while workloads run on the ThinkAgile HX cluster on the business premise where the data stays private and secure.
- Running on the industry’s most reliable servers and appliances from Lenovo, VMware Horizon delivers multiple advantages for organizations implementing client virtualization, including choice of delivery with support for private cloud and cloud-hosted services, as well as comprehensive image management across any combination of virtual, physical and bring-your-own device. VMware’s closed-loop management and optimization for the software defined data center enables organizations to truly extend the power of virtualization from the data center to devices.
High Performance Computing
- Neptune: The Trident of Performance
- Lenovo’s thermal engineers have been developing DTN liquid-cooled systems since 2012 – when, as IBM System x – we installed the first water cooled x86 cluster at Leibniz-Rechenzentrum (LRZ) in Munich, Germany. This groundbreaking installation allowed LRZ to reduce electrical consumption by up to 40 percent. Today, Lenovo’s ThinkSystem SD650 utilizes warm (50°C) water to cool the CPUs, PCIe and voltage regulators. Because the ThinkSystem SD650 servers are fan-less, and do not require water chillers, they operate at lower temperatures compared to standard air-cooled systems. That is because water conducts heat more efficiently than air. This means customers can run Xeon Scalable processors up to 240W+, where traditional air-cooled systems would be limited to 165W, thus delivering greater performance with 30-40 percent lower data center power consumption.
- A RDHX is essentially a big radiator – just like in your car – attached to the rear door of the rack that absorbs the heat discharged from standard air-cooled systems. This process diminishes the hot air expelled into the “hot aisle,” reducing overall air conditioning costs and allowing slightly improved system performance.
- The last prong of the trident is hybrid cooling, which will blend liquid and air cooling within the same system in the near future. Combined with our EAR software, which can dynamically throttle a CPU and memory as needed, Lenovo’s Neptune technologies deliver the flexibility to optimize the workload for either energy or performance. Currently, 87 of the “Green500” list of energy efficient supercomputers are Lenovo systems.
- In order to understand how Neptune helps customers, new metrics need to be employed. Power Usage Efficiency (PUE), is a key measure of how much power in the data center is used for non-computing tasks, (total facility power ÷ total IT power), with an ideal score being 1.0. So, for example, air-cooled systems have a PUE of 1.5 to 2.0, whereas a RDHX solution would have a PUE of 1.2- 1.4. A DTN solution like the ThinkSystem SD650 has a PUE of less than 1.1. Hopefully soon, Neptune technologies will make PUE as important a specification as gigahertz or teraflops when choosing a server platform.
Distributed Storage Solution for IBM Spectrum Scale
- Storage at scale
- Keeping up with storage demands for High Performance Computing (HPC), Analytics, and Cloud can place a significant burden on IT.
- Lenovo Distributed Storage Solution for IBM® Spectrum Scale™ (DSS-G) provides a modular approach to scaling storage capacity and performance, reducing the effort needed to deploy and expand the environment. Clients can focus their efforts on maximizing business value instead of consuming valuable resources to design, optimize, install, and support the infrastructure required to meet business demands.
- Powerful combination
- Lenovo DSS-G combines the performance of Lenovo ThinkSystem servers and Lenovo disk enclosures with industry-leading Spectrum Scale software to deliver a high-performance, scalable building-block approach to modern storage needs.Lenovo DSS-G combines the performance of Lenovo ThinkSystem servers and Lenovo disk enclosures with industry-leading Spectrum Scale software to deliver a high-performance, scalable building-block approach to modern storage needs.
- Lenovo DSS-G allows organizations to start small and build incrementally, scaling both capacity and bandwidth with each additional DSS-G building block. Customers now have the ability to handle small to very large capacity storage workloads with high performance in HPC environments.
- Optimized design
- Lenovo DSS-G features industry-leading Lenovo ThinkSystem servers running powerful Intel® Xeon® Processor Scalable family CPUs, Lenovo 12Gbps SAS storage enclosures and drives, software, and networking components. Lenovo allows for a wide choice of technology within an integrated solution, and is available in a pre-integrated rack or deployed in an existing customer rack. With DSS-G, high-storage density and I/O performance, you gain all the reliability, integration and interoperability of a high-capacity Spectrum Scale-based storage architecture.